Whiscash

Pokemon X and Pokemon Y

posted by NM2 on Tuesday, 2013-01-08 13:16 (GMT+03:00)

The Pokémon Direct presentation we mentioned yesterday has just ended and it most certainly didn't disappoint! After giving us a brief run through the history of Pokémon, Mr. Satoru Iwata announced Pokémon X and Pokémon Y, the first Generation VI games for the 3DS! Video footage of the new games was shown and it also revealed a few new Pokémon including the starters, Chespin, Fennekin and Froakie and two Legendary Pokémon that are most likely going to be the version mascots, a bird and a deer.

However, the most important part was the release date of those games. For the first time ever, the new games will be released internationally at the same time, specifically October 2013!

Update: The names of the legendary duo that appeared in the trailer have been revealed. The blue deer is Xerneas ("cern-" is a Gaulish root meaning "antler") and the red avian is Yveltal.

Update: Now that we've had the time to rewatch the video a few times and have a better look at everything, here are some details and thoughts.

• The Grass-type starter is named Chespin and its Japanese name is Harimaron.
  • The Fire-type starter is named Fennekin and its Japanese name is Fokko.
  • The Water-type starer is named Froakie and its Japanese name is Keromatsu.
  • The mascot of Pokémon X is a blue deer-like Pokémon with rainbow colored antlers named Xerneas (ZURR-nee-us) while the mascot of Pokémon Y is a dark red bird named Yveltal (ee-VELL-tall). The pronunciations have been officially confirmed by TPCi.
  • 3D battle animations, full 3D gameplay. It looks amazing.
  • The new region is most likely based on France, or maybe Europe in general. You can clearly see the Eiffel Tower and Pikachu's Thunderbolt at the beginning seems to go off in France.
  • The male protagonist moves on roller blades. Are they the Running Shoes or a replacement for the good-ol' Bicycle?
  • Older Pokémon appear in the trailer.
  • While it is obvious from the picture below that the bird Pokémon has a Y-shape, take a look at the video, specifically around 08:35. The iris of the deer Pokémon is a X.

Be sure to drop by our forums for all the necessary discussion and speculation about Pokémon X and Y. Meanwhile, you can rewatch the Pokémon Direct below:

Announcement coming through Pokemon Direct - Chespin, Fennekin and Froakie's types

Anne @ 01/08/2013, 05:29:06 am

Look, I've played all the Pokémon versions: Pokémon Yellow, Red, Blue, Ruby, Sapphire, Emerald, Sliver, Leaf Green, Soul Sliver, Heart Gold, Diamond, Pearl, Platinum, Black, White, Black 2, and White 2. They were the best games I've ever played. I, personally, thought that the old versions of Pokémon were dull and uncreative, but I still liked them. What? A Poke ball evolves into a bigger upside down poke ball? Boring…. A pile of poison or whatever evolves into a bigger pile of poison? Lame…. The new Pokémon are getting more thought into them. The creators make Pokémon out of almost anything. A three headed dragon, three gears, a giant striped, red, and dangerous crocodile. These Pokémon are interesting and easy on the eyes. I still play the old versions, but I will always love the new ones more than the old.

Ara @ 26/07/2013, 06:31:19 pm

Pokemon X looks awesome, BUT Most people say Yvetal is gonna be stronger than Xerneas, I think so too, Yvetal looks like a Vulture and Xerneas like a Deer a Vulture can easily defeat a Deer. But no way that im buying Pokemon Y, Im buying Pokemon X

-Ara

The Shadow @ 02/06/2013, 09:28:27 pm

When will they release the starters evolutions? As soon as i have heard that, I don't want more info. Please.

xy @ 04/05/2013, 08:11:25 pm

Not backwards compatible, thats a little annoying. But thats what you have 2 pay 4 progress i guess

Crazy @ 23/04/2013, 01:41:47 am

I REALLY HOPE THIS GAME GETS CANCELLED!!! EVERYONE START SPAMMING ALL COMMENTS AND WE WILL HOPE THAT THIS GAME WILL BE CANCELLED!!!

Crazy @ 23/04/2013, 01:37:07 am

I HOPE POKEMON X AND Y GETS CANCELLED!!! I HOPE GAME FREAK GOES OUT OF BUSINESS FOR GOOD!!!

Crazy @ 22/04/2013, 07:32:19 am

A NEW FORME OF MEWTWO!? OH BLEAH!! THE NEW FORME SUCKS ANYWAY!! I'M A GENWUNNER!! ALL HAIL GENWUNNERS!!

Crazy @ 22/04/2013, 07:28:19 am

Pokémon X and Y is gonna suck HARD!! I'm no longer interested in 3DS or the 8th gen!!

Crazy @ 22/04/2013, 07:25:44 am

No!! No more localizations!!

pokemon rocks balls @ 08/04/2013, 04:34:18 am

please have a keldeo event in pokemon X and Y and please let us be able to get that keldeo in resolute form

josh @ 08/04/2013, 04:30:02 am

i am so choosing pokemon X because i want xerneas who by the way looks very cool and please make a shiny keldeo event in these games because keldeo is one of my favirote 5th generation water type

EDmazed @ 01/04/2013, 10:52:58 am

@andrew U can get a clone of gensect…on utube it expains how u get one..u can get it shiny or non~shiny…there's a guy name stino2011…he can help u look at the info of the vid….u can also get other pokemon from him too…if u dont …..I understand cuz u probably want a real one from the game…lol

pokefan @ 08/03/2013, 06:30:03 am

It's so sad that these pokemon games only for 3ds now. dsi and dsl will be absolutely useless.

andrew @ 02/03/2013, 10:29:25 pm

plaese make a genesect event for pokemon black 2 and white 1. on my birthday may 12 so i can get my dream pokemon.literly he has bin in my dreams. thans. sencerly andrew hayes.

Peter @ 11/02/2013, 03:15:16 am

Wow, Pokemon X Version and Pokemon Y Version for Nintendo 3DS. Cool. But the titles should be called Pokemon X Version and Pokemon Y Version, not Pokemon X and Pokemon Y. I was surprised that the word version is not in the logo. Oh well, now I was thinking about Pokemon X and Pokemon Y.Pokemon X Version and Pokemon Y Version should NOT be compatible with Pokemon Black Version, Pokemon White Version, Pokemon Black Version 2, and Pokemon White Version 2. Just Pokemon X Version and Pokemon Y Version themselves and together. That's it. I had enough of backwards compatibility. What I also want for Pokemon X and Pokemon Y is to bring back Safari Zone and Apricorns. I also want touch screen menu controls in general and cross generation evolutions back. I was thinking a new Clamperl evolution a new Combee evolution and a new Burmy evolution. I also want a Swellow evolution and a new Nincada evolution. I was thinking a Water/Rock Clamperl evo with Water Absorb as well as a Bug/Ghost Burmy evolution and a male exclusive Combee evolution. I also want a Ghost/Steel type with Rattled (Levitate would be good but I prefer Rattled for extra resistances) and an Ice/Steel type with a Steel immune ability. I would also like a new Electric/Poison type. I think Xerneas fits well with its Electric/Poison type due to Xerneas's electric rainbow and Poison antlers. That's it for my thoughts.

wangz @ 02/02/2013, 10:56:58 pm

i love pokemon

Daggy @ 12/01/2013, 05:03:54 pm

Actually, male protagonist wears glasses in that Tarzan area. If you look closely, you'll notice that they just got glitched and remained at the spot where male protagonist jumps on the rope.

Yay @ 11/01/2013, 12:05:42 am

Main character looks into a mirror. In grassy area (maybe grass gym) he isn't wearing sunglasses. Character customization!

Sebastian @ 10/01/2013, 02:16:45 am

Yveltal looks EPIC.

Surayyn @ 09/01/2013, 12:29:00 pm

I have a feeling the X legendary might be a Grass and Psychic type pokemon (Shiny antlers, the fact it's in a forest, it's a deer, it's EFFING AWESOME. And the Y legendary might be a Flying and Dark type (not the black and red colours, could ALSO be a dragon type pokemon, it's in the air).

Scott @ 09/01/2013, 07:23:07 am

I gotta say, I'm impressed with the release dates, but when I look at the release of the new Mystery Dungeon games, I see similarities with Red/Blue Rescue teams release date.

Nate @ 09/01/2013, 05:28:03 am

I can't believe the article left out the biggest news of all -- the USA, EU, and Japan releases will be simultaneous! No waiting around for localization!

Alotor @ 08/01/2013, 01:56:06 pm

Looks amazing!

We can see the main character looking to a mirror. Maybe there will be character customization? I hope so!