Prinplup

Sylveon

posted by NM2 on Tuesday, 2013-02-12 10:34 (GMT+03:00)

The first pictures of this month's issue of CoroCoro have started leaking and they reveal a new Pokémon, specifically a new Eeveelution, as many fans had predicted some time ago. The new Pokémon is called Ninfia (its name follows the pattern of Leafeon [Leafia] and Glaceon [Glacia], could its English name be Ninfeon or perhaps Nympheon?), its height is 1.0m and it weighs 23.5kg. Its type as well as its evolution method are not revealed for the time being.

Moreover, the name of the upcoming movie, featuring Genesect has been changed to Extremespeed Genesect and Mewtwo's Awakening. Considering previous movies have led us to believe there only one Mewtwo in the Pokémon world, could this be the return of that one Mewtwo?

So what do you believe Ninfia's type will be?

Update: A new picture has surfaced and it announces a new game in the Pokémon Rumble series. The new game, called Pokémon Rumble U, will be a download-only title for Wii U that will feature all 649 Pokémon of generations I-V. It will also feature 4-player battles with up to 100 Pokémon battling at the same time. It's set for release this Spring in Japan.

Update: And another scan, this time revealing the first two cards from the upcoming Japanese TCG set, Megalo Cannon. Genesect and Genesect EX will both be in the set.

Update: As revealed by the video below, the new Eeveelution will be called Sylveon in English (French: Nymphali, German: Feelinara). Its type and evolution method still remain a secret though.

Scans courtesy of Bulbanews.

2013 Winter Friendly - New "Extremespeed Genesect" trailer

Claire Carpenter @ 26/06/2013, 04:12:59 am

Sylveon's type is fairy, which is a new type (source:Pokemon.com)

Suicunetamer @ 04/05/2013, 06:48:04 am

It should be the ghost type because of espeon being physic and umbreon dark it should be ghost

Ravenwhisper @ 26/03/2013, 01:14:55 am

Yeah, it would make the most sense to be a Ghost type. It would follow Espeon and Umbreon within the quadrillion of Psychic, Dark, Fighting, and Ghost.
They will probably make a Fighting type, yes, but do you seriously think that little Sylveon would be a Fighting type?
I may be only going off of appearance here, but the way that it's "ribbons" fly around seems pretty ghost-like to me. Along with the colours.

Popkepappa @ 24/03/2013, 07:36:07 am

I think we can rule out dragon type. Wouldn't eevee-dragon have scales? Or some physical modification so that it resembles a dragon?

guest @ 15/03/2013, 04:12:40 pm

It's name is supposed to be sylveon, they have it on the OFFICIAL SITE AS SLYVEON! it's not ninfia. also, I think it's a dragon type because if you don't notice dragon types always have red or blue on them somewhere.

Smartie @ 14/02/2013, 08:59:50 pm

Its proably like feebas turning to a milotic. The more you love it and raises its beauty it will transform into it. I also say it flying threw the sky in that magazine. If anything it is flying

DrEspeon @ 14/02/2013, 04:37:00 am

I actually think ghost. If you look at it's eyes, they look a ghostly bright blue. Also in Greek mythology, a ninfa in a spirit.

MTTYWFFLS @ 13/02/2013, 07:04:37 am

I hope that there is going to be another announcement stating that there is another eeveelution that is fighting. Both of the two new evolutions could be simply level related, yet the evolution is determined by gender. Doubt that will happen though!

Firekie @ 13/02/2013, 12:41:54 am

I think it is a flying type, it reminds me of skyla and it has butterflies on its neck and head

dicky @ 12/02/2013, 11:05:48 pm

I guess it's a fighting type. It's look-like Miensaho

heliwatte @ 12/02/2013, 03:23:50 pm

I think its an bug type. The eyes are like bugs and i think the name comes from NYMPH.

Arty2 @ 12/02/2013, 12:28:01 pm

I'm guessing Normal-type (unless they're introducing a new Kawaii-type) and a beauty evolution mechanism.