Program information ±
How to download this calculator
While in your browser window, go to File > Save As... and save this page to your computer. Make sure to select HTML only when saving. You can then use it offline whenever you want.
Pokémon Ruby, Sapphire, Emerald, FireRed, LeafGreen, Diamond, Pearl, Platinum, HeartGold, SoulSilver, Black, White, Black2, White2 for the Nintendo DS and Pokémon Colosseum, XD, Battle Revolution for the Nintendo Wii.
Several Pokémon have had their Base Stats changed in Pokémon X & Y, therefore this calculator is incompatible with them, but you can use the XY Individual Value & Stat Calculator instead.
This IV Calculator / Stat Calculator / Hidden Power Calculator has been written by Hercules G. Papatheodorou a.k.a Arty2, webmaster of Legendary Pokémon. It allows the calculation of any Pokémon's Individual Values when given the Pokémon's details.
If you want to translate, modify this program or include it in your website, please read the License provided below.
Program History ±
Checking online status...
- Version 9.8.3 (19/November/2013)
- Tweaks in the best stat GUI, to accomodate for a Chrome bug.
- Version 9.8.2 (31/August/2012)
- Added Pokémon Black 2 & White 2 formes.
- Version 9.7 (07/October/2010)
- Fixed some tiny bugs with displaying BW Pokémon, thanks Aries.
- Version 9.5 (26/September/2010)
- Updated for Pokémon Black & White.
- Version 9.2 (02/August/2010)
- Fixed a bug with Characteristics and +Lv.
- Version 9.1 (31/July/2010)
- Fixed a bug with certain base stats.
- Version 9 beta (27/July/2010)
- Multi-Pokémon calculation, support for characteristics, reverse Hidden Power and potential, various improvements and tweaks. Aesthetic changes.
- Version 8.1.1 (07/January/2010)
- Minor change: replaced neat theme with isotope, featuring advanced CSS3 effects.
- Version 8.1 (27/July/2009)
- Added function to allow changing the numeric values using the up/down arrow keys plus an fix for Internet Explorer's TAB behaviour. Some textual changes.
- Version 8 (18/June/2009)
- Effort Point data and EV training tools, Pokémon type affinity, input validation, online status detection: images automatically enabled & Version Checker. Some textual changes.
- Version 7.9.2 (23/October/2008)
- Fixed IE-killer conflict with the error indicator. Thanks to EliteRaptor for reporting it.
- Version 7.9 (08/October/2008)
- Added Platinum data. Added inaccurate input indicators. Fixed the Save function and an issue with Porygon-Z. The themes' container has changed and the "ppn" theme was replaced by "neat".
- Version 7.8 (04/September/2007)
- Small bug fixes.
- Version 7.6 (20/June/2007)
- Fixed Hidden Power calculation bug.
- Version 7.5 (24/May/2007)
- No more off-range IVs; that was a feature that alerted the user if the input was inaccurate but it seems like people were getting confused and it was therefore removed.
- Version 7.4 (11/May/2007)
- Many bugfixes; re-added Deoxys and Wormadam alternate forms.
- Version 7.1 (19/March/2007)
- Updated all names to english Diamond & Pearl Pokémon names.
- Version 7 "Tagsoup" (24/February/2007)
- Theme system added, new Save feature; older Saves are incompatible. Read more...
- Version 7 "Tagsoup" beta (10/February/2007)
- Completely rewritten hence the version jump; new GUI, functions and underlying code. A lot of thanks to Brett Harris for improving some of the IV calculation functions used in the previous version. First public beta.
- Version 5 (02/November/2006)
- Added Diamond & Pearl data.
- Version 4.1 (07/October/2005)
- Corrected minor bugs.
- Version 4 (05/October/2005)
- Major changes to the User Interface. Save and Load functions. Online features. Print-friendly styles.
- Version 3.1 (01/June/2005)
- Small changes to the CSS. Added auto-complete dropdown list function. Try typing the Pokémon's name or nature in the dropdown lists if you want quick access to a Pokémon or Nature.
- Version 3 (17/May/2005)
- A version jump this time, as the Program also calculates Stats now. Various small changes to the CSS code and validation of the "precision".
- Version 2.1.3 (16/May/2005)
- Fixed a small typographic bug (Cheerful instead of careful).
- Version 2.1.2 (09/December/2004)
- Changed "Defence" to "Defense".
- Version 2.1 (03/December/2004)
- Added a show/hide function, corrected some words.
- Version 2.0 (05/November/2004)
- Various changes to the code (now fits in 800x600 screens). Multiple Deoxys added.
- Version 1.0beta (14/September/2004)
- First public release.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License and modification of this program's credits is prohibited.
- You are free:
- to Share — to copy, distribute and transmit the work
- to Remix — to adapt the work
- Under the following conditions:
- Attribution — You must attribute the work in the manner specified by the author or licensor (but not in any way that suggests that they endorse you or your use of the work).
- Noncommercial — You may not use this work for commercial purposes.
- Share Alike — If you alter, transform, or build upon this work, you may distribute the resulting work only under the same or similar license to this one.
Kudos to Dustin Diaz for some of his amazing functions.
The program's author would be glad if notified about your modifications, including translations.
Pokémon and related characters are © Nintendo, Creatures, Gamefreak and Pokémon Inc. This unofficial, fan-made program is not endorsed by any of the above companies.
What are IVs and EPs?
If such terms sound Greek to you, then you should read a Pokémon Training Guide before using this tool.
- Generates a SaveCode and a link (URL) that you can keep in your bookmarks or send to a friend.
- Single click to load the data saved in the URL, or double-click to load any SaveCode.
- Some random examples: Shuckle, Giratina, Snorlax and a team.
IV Calculation (make it look simpler?)
* Fields marked with an asterisk are optional.
ALWAYS TRACK YOUR EFFORT POINTS!
Every calculator will return errors if your Effort Points are innacurate! If necessary, use some anti-vitamin berries.
The Stat Judge is located in the Battle Tower's lobby, near the PC, and can tell you the potential of your Pokémon and the stat with the highest IV. Talk to him multiple times to find out if there's a tie in the highest IV. In regard to the Calculator, you can use the CTRL / CMD key to (de)select multiple stats.
You can practically get 100% accurate results at level 20, using just a few Rare Candies; save beforehand if you'd like to keep them of course.
Single mode: The higher your Pokémon's level, the more accurate the results. If you want to calculate a low level one, then input the optional information and additional row data by leveling-up, evolving it or changing forme. The +Lv. and +EPs indicators, tell you how many apitional levels or Effort Points (same level) respectively are required to refine the resulting IV spread.
Team mode: Useful for IV Battles; use this to calculate multiple Pokémon at once. For an IV Battle, gather a team of low level Pokémon and battle with a friend online, forcing them to level 100, then writing down their projected stats.
Row mode: Use this to calculate and examine currently selected Pokémon in detail.
Using the median IVs, and input Effort Points, accurately calculates a Pokémon's stats on the given level.
Hidden Power Calculation
Hidden Power's type and base power depend on a Pokémon's Individual Values.
Using the IV spread (or median IVs if locked) you can calculate all possible combinations.
The Hidden Power guru in the GameCorner Prize Building (Platinum: Veilstone, HeartGold/SoulSilver: Celadon, Black/White: Mistralton City) lets you know exactly what type it is. In previous games, attacking a Kecleon helps as well.
EV training tools
- EP tracking
- Unselect an active row to enable tracking mode, then select the proper item, opponent species and number fought, to calculate the Effort Points gained.
- EPs Calculation
- Particularly useful to competitive battlers.
- First calculate your current Pokémon's stats, alter your current stats in the first row, then use this to view how many EPs are required to reach these specific stats.